Although the Arab region is located in the global Sun Belt making it one of the richest regions in solar energy, the solar water heating potential remains untapped in most Arab states. A study conducted on the SWH market in the Arab region showed that there is a significant lack of quality control for the SWHs market, which damaged the reputation of the technology, and lowered consumers’ confidence. As such SHAMCI is mainly developed to benefit solar thermal products and services consumers, manufacturers and authorities in the Arab region. SHAMCI labeled products combine international standards with regional specific characteristics assuring products high quality, safety, reliability, durability and high performance.
Adopting SHAMCI helps authorities to:
- Improve customer confidence
- Facilitate trade barriers and regional collaboration
- Streamline compliance monitoring
- Create jobs
- Promote industrial quality standards compliance.
Adopting SHAMCI helps solar thermal product manufacturers to:
- Offer high quality products at reasonable costs
- Improve visibility to SWH customers
- Achieve operational economies of scale
- Simplify test procedures at lower costs.
- Develop new markets and create export opportunities
Adopting SHAMCI helps solar thermal product consumers to:
- Identify high-quality products easily
- Confirm that the products are fully tested according to international standards
- Assure safety, durability, and reliability of SWHs
- Compare seller prices through standard product features